An influx of new technology and its impact on the retail sector in recent years has given rise to the use of artificial intelligence, bridging the gap between accruing big data and interpreting it for use as a marketing tool.
According to research firm Emarsys, AI marketing will dominate the industry by mid-2017, meaning digital marketers should be using AI to build a clearer picture of their target audience, boost a campaign’s performance and ROI. And done correctly, it’s all without any extra effort. But, many brands don’t understand what AI is and how they can tap into it.
AI uses big data, or the aggregation of large data sets, which are then analysed via machine learning platforms to help identify consumer trends.
Quick Summary (Extracted by Machine Learning)
- AI uses big data, or the aggregation of large data sets, which are then analysed via machine learning platforms to help identify consumer trends.
- A major function of AI is using data to break down and understand consumer search engine patterns and algorithms to help marketers identify key focus areas.
- What does AI look in marketing?
- The data can be used to target existing and potential clients, delivering content that is customised to each person.
- But, many brands don t understand what AI is and how they can tap into it.
Author: Retail Asia
Published: Mon May 15 2017 07:56:32 GMT-0400 (EDT)