When you hear the phrase “artificial intelligence,” what comes to mind?
Most people think of HAL, the Terminator, or R2D2 and C3PO, and tend to equate AI with science fiction. Few people equate it with customer service or sales because it’s such a fantastic concept that it’s hard to reconcile it with everyday life.
Yet artificial intelligence is already here, and learning more as each day goes by. IBM’s Watson was only the beginning as now millions of AI bots are helping people in expanding capacities. From AIs that answer the phone and direct you to the correct extension to AIs that can troubleshoot your computer and more, artificial intelligence isn’t just for science fiction anymore!
Artificial intelligence has been created using algorithms that process data.
Quick Summary (Extracted by Machine Learning)
- Data relates to other data, and AI allows us to manipulate data in whatever way comes to mind.
- Artificial intelligence has been created using algorithms that process data.
- This results in a sort of learning process, where the AI gets smarter as it is given new information.
- Previously, the data that AI seeks would have been stored in file cabinets and company vaults.
- As each AI and its development team learn how it is applied, it gets faster and more efficient.
Author: Cassie Brewer
Published: Fri Apr 21 2017 05:28:44 GMT-0400 (EDT)