Although we’re a very long way from putting artificial intelligence (AI) in charge of national defense, the use of AI in cybersecurity isn’t science fiction. The ability of machines to rapidly analyze and respond to the unprecedented quantities of data is becoming indispensable as cyberattacks’ frequency, scale and sophistication all continue to increase.
The research being done today shows that automated cybersecurity systems can do many things with only limited human oversight. Through neural networks, heuristics, data science, etc. systems are being designed to identify cyberattacks, to spot and remove malware, and to find ways to fix bugs faster than any human could.
Quick Summary (Extracted by Machine Learning)
- But it is also critical to understand the role AI can and will play in cybersecurity and resilience.
- But, as we have seen in cybersecurity, we will likely see criminal organizations or nation states seek to exploit AI to evade cybersecurity defenses or even attack.
- Although we re a very long way from putting artificial intelligence (AI) in charge of national defense, the use of AI in cybersecurity isn t science fiction.
- For example, what would legal frameworks around such cybersecurity look like?
- In conclusion, it is worth noting that despite the challenges posed by AI in cybersecurity, there are also interesting and positive implications for the balance between cybersecurity and cyber-resilience.
Goto Original Post: http://cxoherald.com/artificial-intelligence-cybersecurity/
Published: Fri Apr 28 2017 16:00:29 GMT-0400 (EDT)