Samsung may be about to embark of an epic spending spree acquiring companies dedicated to artificial intelligence. A report from South Korea, quoting an anonymous executive from Samsung’s U.S. offices, says it has a $1 billion budget put aside for buying up exciting firms working on AI.
The massive sum won’t only be used for acquisitions, but also to invest in companies involved in AI.
Quick Summary (Extracted by Machine Learning)
- Samsung has also spoken officially about its interest in buying up AI companies.
- More: Everything we think we know about the Samsung Galaxy S8
The Harman deal hints at Samsung s deeper interest in AI and the companies working on it, but there has been plenty more overt evidence.
- Our first look at Samsung s big artificial intelligence push may come with the Galaxy S8, which is expected to feature Bixby, an AI assistant to rival Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant.
- Samsung may be about to embark of an epic spending spree acquiring companies dedicated to artificial intelligence.
- This is the first time we re hearing about a possible number attached to Samsung s interest in AI, and it s large enough to show the depth of its intent.
Author: Andy Boxall
Published: Mon Feb 20 2017 23:28:33 GMT-0500 (EST)