Nvidia (Shutterstock photo)It’s no secret that Nvidia (NVDA) was the best performing stock in the SP 500 in 2016, gaining more than 370%. But while the company’s graphics processor unit (GPU) chips are being used in everything from gaming PCs to autonomous cars to virtual reality to data centers, the reinvigoration of Nvidia is built by one thing: artificial intelligence.AI is increasingly being used in everything and everywhere, most notably data centers for machine learning, where Nvidia’s GPUs have a tremendous lead over the competition, including anything from AMD (AMD) and Intel (INTC). Data center revenue was up 67% year-over-year in the quarter at $296 million and more impressive, up 23% from the impressive fiscal third-quarter 2017 results that helped send the stock soaring more than 30% in November 2016.The technology is touching everything and anyone, be it on your smartphone or when you shop on Amazon (AMZN) or using software.
Quick Summary (Extracted by Machine Learning)
- And it’s being powered by AI.
- In fact, Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang told Barron’s that AI is just the future of software.
- AI is increasingly being used in everything and everywhere, most notably data centers for machine learning, where Nvidia’s GPUs have a tremendous lead over the competition, including anything from AMD (AMD) and Intel (INTC).
- That means the AI revolution is only just getting started and it has years and years on which to run.
- AI is continuing to become more prevalent in everything we do, but we are nowhere near general AI, in which computers can make decisions just as a human can.
Goto Original Post: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/nvidia-shows-artificial-intelligence-revolution-is-biggest-trend-of-our-time-cm746328?utm_content=buffer92874&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Author: Chris Ciaccia
Published: Fri Feb 10 2017 02:46:50 GMT-0800 (PST)