Last year saw a breakthrough in the spread of the notion of Artificial Intelligence. The term was frequently mentioned in the media, attracting growing attention, and not without a reason. Much of the hype resulted from the activities of business gurus like Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg, as well as from the research being conducted by Google and new applications of virtual and augmented reality. As a consequence, this once somewhat abstract concept has been transformed into tangible solutions: new devices and services that change people’s lives. An invasion of Artificial Intelligence — this is what we can expect from this technology in 2017What we saw in 2016 is only the start of a series of events that are bound to unfold in years to come.
Quick Summary (Extracted by Machine Learning)
- Work is under way to develop quantum computers whose data processing capacities will be many time those of today s binary machines.
- Machine learningLinked inextricably to thinking computers is machines ability to learn.
- Algorithms enabling computers to self-learn and make decisions, programs capable of replicating selected mental functions, as well as reading and interpreting texts and even understanding natural language.
- The pivotal observation is that by analyzing large data, today s machines will be able to learn and self-improve.
- We will inevitably witness artificial intelligence spreading into all areas of life.
Goto Original Post: https:[email protected][email protected]n-2017-part-1-of-4-e3e10c3c1ff2
Author: Norbert Biedrzycki
Published: Wed Feb 08 2017 08:22:01 GMT-0800 (PST)